CoxBox CORE / CoxBox GPS
The CoxBox Core will display stroke rate, total strokes and elapsed time. It is functionally equivalent to the previous versions of the CoxBox.
The CoxBox GPS will show the same measurements as the CoxBox Core, plus show you measurements based on the GPS inside the unit. Additionally, you will be able to see distance, speed / split, and distance per stroke. The CoxBox GPS also records the data in memory which can be uploaded to our LiNK Logbook app.
The CoxBox GPS data and positioning can also be live streamed to the cloud for remote viewing when paired in the boat with a mobile device.... Read more
NK has integrated a variety of changes to improve the user experience and ensure a more robust product in the field. Below are some of those features:
- A single-piece faceplate and large, easy to read display provide a more rugged and waterproof design.
- Waterproof interface.
- Buttons are precisely located and sealed from the elements, reducing the potential for water to enter the unit. The lower profile design takes up less volume.
- New cylindrical battery design provides 10+ hours of battery life with a more reliable, sustained charge.
- Wireless Stroke Rate - No more dealing with sensors or magnets.
- Monoblock™ connector port relocates microphone, speaker/charging and data ports away from the face of the unit, creating better readability and simplified serviceability
- Stablesocket™ design prevents rotation and bending of plug inserts, which protects pins and sockets from damage.
This connector is for a new wiring harness which acts as a data port and runs throughout the boat. This Smart harness is for a variety of additional accessories such as Smart integrated boat lights, Smart impeller, and Smart seat displays. These accessories will be introduced later this year.
This harness is optional and not required to use the CoxBox.... Read more
The battery is internal and not user replaceable. The battery life should be 2 to 3 times longer than the CoxBox 08 external battery. If the battery needs to be replaced, it would be sent back to NK for service.... Read more
For saltwater environments, NK recommends to rinse with fresh water after each use. The connectors have been designed to point down slightly to help drainage of salt water and debris after use. NK still recommends monthly cleaning of the sockets and the use of Nyogel on the sockets to help reduce corrosion.... Read more
The CoxBox Core will show you stroke rate, total strokes and elapsed time. It is functionally equivalent to the previous versions of the CoxBox.
The CoxBox GPS will show the same measurements as the CoxBox Core, plus show you measurements based on the GPS inside the unit. Additionally, you will be able to see distance, speed / split, and distance per stroke.... Read more
If your boat is already wired for a CoxBox, no additional accessories would be needed. If you are wiring a boat from scratch, you would need the following:
- Coxed 4: A harness (0290), M harness (0292), 2 speakers (0207)
- Coxed 8: A harness (0290), 2 M harnesses (0292), 3 speakers (0207) or
- Coxed 8: A harness (0290), 3 M harnesses (0292), 4 speakers (0207)
Yes. There will be a 3rd harness called the Smart Harness which acts like a data cable for the boat. This harness would connect with individual Seat Displays connected to the oarlocks. All the oarlock data will then be streamed live using the CoxBox GPS unit. The streamed data can be automatically logged into the app when using our LiNK Logbook Team or Pro accounts which will be available shortly.... Read more
Please make sure you have a solid satellite signal lock before starting your row. The satellite icon will become filled-in when a satellite lock has been made. It is recommended to turn the unit on when outside and wait a few minutes for a satellite signal lock before rowing.... Read more
A charger and microphone are not included with a purchase of the CoxBox Core/GPS. If you do not have either of these items, you would need to purchase them separately in order to use the CoxBox.... Read more
No, the CoxBox Core/GPS will just ignore the rate sensor if connected. It is advisable to leave the rate sensor connector if you still plan to use previous versions of the CoxBox in that boat. If you are only using the CoxBox Core/GPS in the boat, the rate harness and sensor can be removed to have less wiring in the boat.... Read more
Date and time automatically sync when the unit connects to GPS satellites. Customers have the option to set the Time Zone and whether Daylight Savings time is on or off in order for the correct time to be displayed.... Read more
- Download LiNK Logbook from the app store on your mobile device Link Logbook
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on on the mobile device. Open LiNK Logbook.
- Create an account or login to LiNK Logbook.
- Go to the Workout Log Screen. Press the arrow/cloud icon in the top right.
- On the CoxBox GPS, go to the Main Menu and select Data LiNK mode.
- In the Logbook app, your CoxBox should appear, select it to begin uploading data.
- After data has uploaded, select the calendar date and session you want to review. ... Read more
If you have inserted the Bluetooth dongle and the LiNK for MAC application still reads "Searching for Dongle," then MAC has not fully resolved the driver for this dongle. If you are using a MAC, please try the following.
- Remove all peripherals that are attached to the MAC including the Bluetooth dongle.
- Turn off the computer and wait 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn the power back on and hook everything back up. Now it should hopefully find the dongle for you
If you have inserted the Bluetooth dongle and the LiNK for Windows application still reads "Searching for Dongle," then Windows has not fully resolved the driver for this dongle.
Please try the following for Windows:
- Remove and then reinsert the dongle into the same USB port.
- Remove and then reinsert the dongle into a different USB port.
- Check to see if you have all the latest Windows updates installed.
If you are still having issues, please make sure you are logged in as an administrator on the computer.... Read more