CoxBox CORE / CoxBox GPS
The CoxBox Core will display stroke rate, total strokes and elapsed time. It is functionally equivalent to the previous versions of the CoxBox except there is no need for a seat sensor for stroke rate.
The CoxBox GPS will show the same measurements as the CoxBox Core, plus show you measurements based on the GPS inside the unit. Additionally, you will be able to see distance, speed / split, and distance per stroke. The CoxBox GPS also records the data in memory which can be uploaded to our LiNK Logbook app.
The CoxBox GPS data and positioning can also be live streamed to the cloud for remote viewing when paired in the boat with a mobile device.... Read more
NK has integrated a variety of changes to improve the user experience and ensure a more robust product in the field. Below are some of those features:
- A single-piece faceplate and large, easy to read display provide a more rugged and waterproof design.
- Waterproof interface.
- Buttons are precisely located and sealed from the elements, reducing the potential for water to enter the unit. The lower profile design takes up less volume.
- New cylindrical battery design provides 10+ hours of battery life with a more reliable, sustained charge.
- Wireless Stroke Rate - No more dealing with sensors or magnets.
- Monoblock™ connector port relocates microphone, speaker/charging and data ports away from the face of the unit, creating better readability and simplified serviceability
- Stablesocket™ design prevents rotation and bending of plug inserts, which protects pins and sockets from damage.
This connector is for a new wiring harness which acts as a data port and runs throughout the boat. This Smart harness is for a variety of additional accessories such as Smart integrated boat lights, Smart impeller, and Smart seat displays. These accessories will be introduced at some point in the future.
This harness is optional and not required to use the CoxBox.... Read more
Tips for Avoiding the Spread of Viruses & Bacteria with Shared NK Equipment
We have been asked what is the best way to help prevent potential cross-contamination when using NK Equipment. While NK is not claiming these techniques will be 100% effective against a virus spreading, here are a couple of ideas that may help.
1) When sharing microphones, purchasing a set of finger cots to put on the end of the microphone creates a barrier between the mic and the user's mouth. The finger cot should not affect the overall sound amplification and can be removed after use and then a new one reapplied for the next user. They can be found online or even at your local Walgreens.
2) Use a 10% Bleach and 90% water solution to sanitize all the equipment. This solution is very effective against killing all types of viruses and should not harm the plastics or rubber used in our equipment.
The battery is internal and not user replaceable. The battery life should be 2 to 3 times longer than the CoxBox 08 external battery. If the battery needs to be replaced, it would be sent back to NK for service.... Read more
For saltwater environments, NK recommends to rinse with fresh water after each use. The connectors have been designed to point down slightly to help drainage of salt water and debris after use. NK still recommends monthly cleaning of the sockets and the use of Nyogel on the sockets to help reduce corrosion.... Read more
- Bigger Screen - Moving the connectors allow for a much bigger screen with access to more information.
- Bigger Keypad - This change also allowed for larger buttons, easier to manage when wearing gloves.
- Corrosion Prevention - When water and debris got into the connectors when on top, it would just sit there and create corrosion when not in use. The side connectors will allow for water and debris to drain after every use and help protect against corrosion. Although you still should rinse out salt water each time
The CoxBox Core will show you stroke rate, total strokes and elapsed time. It is functionally equivalent to the previous versions of the CoxBox.
The CoxBox GPS will show the same measurements as the CoxBox Core, plus show you measurements based on the GPS inside the unit. Additionally, you will be able to see distance, speed / split, and distance per stroke.... Read more
If your boat is already wired for a CoxBox, no additional accessories would be needed. If you are wiring a boat from scratch, you would need the following:
- Coxed 4: A harness (0290), M harness (0292), 2 speakers (0207)
- Coxed 8: A harness (0290), 2 M harnesses (0292), 3 speakers (0207) or
- Coxed 8: A harness (0290), 3 M harnesses (0292), 4 speakers (0207)
Yes eventually. There will be a 3rd harness called the Smart Harness which acts like a data cable for the boat. This harness would connect with individual Seat Displays connected to the oarlocks. All the oarlock data can then be streamed live using the CoxBox GPS unit. The streamed data can be uploaded into the app when using our LiNK Logbook Team account. The time frame for these displays is still unknown however.... Read more
Please make sure you have a solid satellite signal lock before starting your row. The satellite icon will become filled-in when a satellite lock has been made. It is recommended to turn the unit on when outside and wait a few minutes for a satellite signal lock before rowing.... Read more
A charger and microphone are not included with a purchase of the CoxBox Core/GPS. If you do not have either of these items, you would need to purchase them separately in order to use the CoxBox.... Read more
No, the CoxBox Core/GPS will just ignore the rate sensor if connected. It is advisable to leave the rate sensor connector if you still plan to use previous versions of the CoxBox in that boat. If you are only using the CoxBox Core/GPS in the boat, the rate harness and sensor can be removed to have less wiring in the boat.... Read more
Date and time automatically sync when the unit connects to GPS satellites. Customers have the option to set the Time Zone and whether Daylight Savings time is on or off in order for the correct time to be displayed.... Read more
- Download LiNK Logbook from the app store on your mobile device Link Logbook
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on on the mobile device. Open LiNK Logbook.
- Create an account or login to LiNK Logbook.
- Go to the Workout Log Screen. Press the arrow/cloud icon in the top right.
- On the CoxBox GPS, go to the Main Menu and select Data LiNK mode.
- In the Logbook app, your CoxBox should appear, select it to begin uploading data.
- After data has uploaded, select the calendar date and session you want to review. ... Read more