Tag : SUP
- Turn on the unit when you get outside.
- Allow for up to 3 minutes for the GPS to get a satellite lock.
- Enter your Profile Information. Main Menu->Setup->Profile.
- (If applicable) Pair your heart rate belt to your unit. Main Menu->Setup->HRM Setup->Pair HRM
- Select Speed/Distance Setup: Split or Speed. Main Menu->Setup->Speed/Distance Setup.
- Go back to the main screen. Adjust the flex (bottom) windows by using the up and down buttons to change the measurements shown to your personal preferences.
- Before rowing, press the Power button once to set the unit into “Ready” mode.
- Start your paddle.
- If you want to take a rest, press the power button to put unit in STOP mode.
- Press the power button to put the unit back in READY mode when ready to resume.
- Once completed with the paddle, hold the power button until “Reset” appears to save your rowing session (Please note: session will also be saved if the unit powers off).
For the best mounting results, you should choose a spot on your paddle board approximately 2 to 3 feet ahead of where you would stand on the board. You will want to choose a spot where the mounting plate is flush to the deck. You will also want to ensure that the SpeedCoach will be clear of your paddle blade when switching hands and does not force you to look DOWN and alter your paddling form. After choosing a mounting location, clean this location with the provided alcohol swabs to remove all dirt and debris from the board. Allow a minimum of 5 minutes for the alcohol to evaporate from the board. Unclip the mounting plate from the SpeedCoach bracket. Remove the paper liner from the mounting plate tape. Press down and hold the mounting plate in the chosen mounting location for at least 30 seconds. IMPORTANT! Wait at least 12 hours before clipping the SpeedCoach bracket into the mounting plate or attaching the SpeedCoach unit. Next attach the NK foam float to your SpeedCoach in your preferred way. You may use the provided keychain, running it under the lanyard bar on the side AWAY FROM the battery contacts. Or you may pass a loop of the lanyard through the float hole and double it back.... Read more
Most likely you never put the unit into Ready mode before paddling. On the main screen, make sure you press the power button once so that “Ready” appears on the main screen before starting you paddle. Please note that you will still get some values (such as stroke rate, calories, heart rate) while not in Ready mode, but the paddling session WILL NOT BE RECORDED.... Read more