NK Sports Performance Plain Language Warranty
Nielsen-Kellerman ("NK") designs and builds products to provide years of accurate, reliable performance in tough conditions. We stand behind them with the following warranties:
No Questions Asked 30-Day Satisfaction Warranty
If you are not satisfied with the performance or operation of any NK, Kestrel, or Blue Ocean product in the first 30 days, you may return it to your place of purchase for a full refund.
We guarantee every NK product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the product's applicable warranty period as stated below. Measurement accuracy is warranted to be within the specifications on the supplied Certificate of Conformity including specified drift since date of manufacture.
|Products & Accessories:||Warranty Period|
|NK Performance Electronics for Rowing and Paddling||Two (2) years|
|Kestrel Weather Instruments and Data Loggers||Five (5) years|
|Blue Ocean Rugged Audio by NK (Excluding battery packs)||Five (5) years|
|Rechargeable Battery Packs (All NK External)||Two (2) years|
All warranties are measured from the date of the product's purchase by the first consumer end user. If no proof of purchase is available, the warranty period will be measured from the manufacture date of the product purchased as determined by serial number.
NK will repair, recalibrate or replace with the same or equivalent product, at NK's option, any defective product or part when notified within the warranty period. NK may use new or reconditioned parts in performing limited warranty repairs and building replacement products. NK will return the product via domestic ground shipping or NK's choice of method of international shipping at no charge. Upgraded shipping is available at customer expense. Repair or replacement under the terms of this limited warranty does not extend or renew the warranty period.
The following do not result from a manufacturing defect and are not covered under this limited warranty:
- Damage due to improper use or neglect (including corrosion).
- Damage resulting from impact significantly exceeding stated impact standard, crushing or mechanical harm.
- Modifications, alterations or attempted repairs by someone other than an authorized NK repair agent.
- Water damage resulting from exposure to water after product enclosure has been visibly damaged and/or failure to return product for service promptly after product enclosure has been compromised.
- Impeller failure not caused by a manufacturing defect.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Accuracy issues resolvable by recalibration.
- Reduction in capacity of rechargeable batteries or battery packs age normal for their age and/or number of charge/discharge cycles.
- Failed batteries other than an NK rechargeable battery pack and/or damage resulting from corrosion or leakage of any installed batteries other than an NK rechargeable battery pack.
For all products using disposable AA or AAA batteries, NK recommends using ONLY lithium batteries such as Energizer® Ultimate Lithium or rechargeable Ni-MH batteries. Prolonged use of standard alkaline batteries or storage or your product with alkaline batteries greatly risks rupture of the battery and irretrievable damage to your product. Damage from leaking batteries is NOT covered under warranty.
Except for the warranties set forth herein, NK disclaims all other warranties, expressed, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Any implied warranties that may be imposed by applicable law are limited to the term of this warranty. In no event shall NK be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of data or use, whether in an action in contract or tort or based on a warranty, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of an NK product, even if NK has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You agree that repair, and (upon availability) replacement, as applicable, is your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any breach of the NK Limited Warranty set forth herein. All product liability and warranty options are governed exclusively by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Please use the NK Sports Service Request product to request a repair authorization.