Tag : 25
Is the switch in the HOLD position?
- If the toggle switch is in the HOLD (top) position, the unit will not read. Place the switch in the RUN (middle) position.
Is there a problem with the unit?
When there is no reading or there are irregular readings, the problem usually lies with the sensor, not the unit itself. To test the unit:
- Turn the unit on; clear the memory and place in ready mode.
- Using a pair of tweezers or a bent paperclip (unfolded into a “U” shape) gently poke into the two exterior holes of the CB plug (“A” & “D” sockets of the P5).
- The stroke rate should update every other poke. If this happens, the Cox-Box is functioning properly and the problem exists with the rate sensor in the wiring harness. Order a replacement rate sensor (NK Part No. 0293) and install it according to the directions supplied.
- If the rate does not update during this test, check the sockets to confirm that they are the same height within the plug and have not been pushed into the plug. If the sockets have become recessed, gently use a pair of needle-nose pliers to work the socket out to the same level as the other sockets.
- Use the Audio System Maintenance Kit (NK Part No. 0230) to clean any imbedded dirt or debris from the sockets and inject a small amount of Nyogel into the sockets to prevent corrosion and ensure good electrical contact.
- If the charger is not working correctly and you did get a voltage reading, it is probable that one of the pins has become disconnected or misaligned. Pins usually become misaligned due to debris in the plug—it is important to keep the plugs clean.
- When there is no reading or there are irregular readings, the problem usually lies with the sensor, not the unit itself. To test the unit:
Is the wiring intact?
- Check the wiring for pin alignment and cuts or nicks. Check the sensor and seat magnet placement for proper positioning and security. Clean all of the sockets and pins using the Audio System Maintenance Kit (NK Part No. 0230). Ensure all connections are tightly sealed to prevent water entry.