Tag : coxbox
NK has integrated a variety of changes to improve the user experience and ensure a more robust product in the field. Below are some of those features:
- A single-piece faceplate and large, easy to read display provide a more rugged and waterproof design.
- Waterproof interface.
- Buttons are precisely located and sealed from the elements, reducing the potential for water to enter the unit. The lower profile design takes up less volume.
- New cylindrical battery design provides 10+ hours of battery life with a more reliable, sustained charge.
- Wireless Stroke Rate - No more dealing with sensors or magnets.
- Monoblock™ connector port relocates microphone, speaker/charging and data ports away from the face of the unit, creating better readability and simplified serviceability
- Stablesocket™ design prevents rotation and bending of plug inserts, which protects pins and sockets from damage.
The battery is internal and not user replaceable. The battery life should be 2 to 3 times longer than the CoxBox 08 external battery. If the battery needs to be replaced, it would be sent back to NK for service.... Read more
Yes. You are able to purchase an upgrade to the CoxBox Core to turn it into a CoxBox GPS for the difference in price. The customer is then emailed a file that is loaded onto the unit.... Read more
For saltwater environments, NK recommends to rinse with fresh water after each use. The connectors have been designed to point down slightly to help drainage of salt water and debris after use. NK still recommends monthly cleaning of the sockets and the use of Nyogel on the sockets to help reduce corrosion.... Read more
Yes. Both units contain a Bluetooth Low Energy module that is used to communicate with outside applications and devices.... Read more
The CoxBox Core will show you stroke rate, total strokes and elapsed time. It is functionally equivalent to the previous versions of the CoxBox.
The CoxBox GPS will show the same measurements as the CoxBox Core, plus show you measurements based on the GPS inside the unit. Additionally, you will be able to see distance, speed / split, and distance per stroke.... Read more
If your boat is already wired for a CoxBox, no additional accessories would be needed. If you are wiring a boat from scratch, you would need the following:
- Coxed 4: A harness (0290), M harness (0292), 2 speakers (0207)
- Coxed 8: A harness (0290), 2 M harnesses (0292), 3 speakers (0207) or
- Coxed 8: A harness (0290), 3 M harnesses (0292), 4 speakers (0207)
Please make sure you have a solid satellite signal lock before starting your row. The satellite icon will become filled-in when a satellite lock has been made. It is recommended to turn the unit on when outside and wait a few minutes for a satellite signal lock before rowing.... Read more
A charger and microphone are not included with a purchase of the CoxBox Core/GPS. If you do not have either of these items, you would need to purchase them separately in order to use the CoxBox.... Read more
No, the CoxBox Core/GPS will just ignore the rate sensor if connected. It is advisable to leave the rate sensor connector if you still plan to use previous versions of the CoxBox in that boat. If you are only using the CoxBox Core/GPS in the boat, the rate harness and sensor can be removed to have less wiring in the boat.... Read more
Date and time automatically sync when the unit connects to GPS satellites. Customers have the option to set the Time Zone and whether Daylight Savings time is on or off in order for the correct time to be displayed.... Read more